Our mission is to create full – flavoured, mid-strength gin, we like to think of it as lifestyle-strength gin. Our east-of-centre gins are made with locally sourced native fruits and botanicals, and special techniques to deliver all the flavour with only half the alcohol.
We’re recalibrating the way we can all enjoy gin.
When you’re making Gin you take the distillate which is usually around 80-85% alcohol and cut it back with water to a strength of 40-45% ABV.
So mid-strength Gin is just a more diluted distillate, right? Oh how we wish it was that easy.
A more diluted distillate would take just like that. It would taste like a “normal” Gin with more water, a diluted drink – the same thing you’d get by making a G&T with half a shot of Gin. They would all taste pretty bland, pretty boring. And it would defeat the purpose of actually making a mid-strength Gin.
When we started to experiment with East Pole we asked, “what if we could make a Gin with all the flavour of Gin and just half the alcohol?” And so, we spent the next 18 months and countless hours developing recipes and methodologies to do just that.
- What happens when you macerate a unique combinations of classic Gin botanicals for longer?
- What if we add whole lemons to the gin basket?
- What if we make a hydrosol? A non-alc distillate with all the EP Botanicals and use that to reduce the alcohol rather than just water?
- What if we double shot the Gin using a neutral grape spirit?
- What if we use blending techniques similar to wine or perfume to bring the components together in our own way?
We’ve developed east-of-centre botanical profiles, featuring locally sourced native fruits and herbs to help us recalibrate the world of gin
“East Pole has found the
solution I didn’t really
know I was looking for!- Katie
“I love the flavor of this
dry gin — it’s light and
lively, and it’s refreshing
with soda or tonic.”- Fiona
“It’s delicious, and unique.
I love everything from the
packaging, to the flavors.”- James